Sunday

Right now, my favorites.

We've been making this 4 ingredient pizza bake from the Betty Crocker website.  I just use whatever gluten free baking mix I have on hand, Hormel pepperoni (I like the mini-ones), cheese and usually I buy a pizza sauce in a jar (just check the label) but sometimes I make this recipe.  Easy. Peasy.

Also, I finally found good corn tortillas, the Mission brand, and they are labeled gluten free.  I use them to make an enchilada casserole, ground beef with taco seasoning, layered with the corn tortillas and cheese and then I pour a can of red Old El Paso enchilada sauce over it.  I prefer green sauce, but I haven't been able to find a gluten free one available locally, so red sauce it is.  It's tasty and easy.

And for dessert, right now our favorite is this apple crisp, using Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats.

We have big Thanksgiving plans and we've actually practiced at least part of the Thanksgiving dinner, by putting a whole chicken in the crock pot and serving it with
Sage and onion stuffing  mashed potatoes and green beans.   I use the Bob's Red Mill cornmeal and whatever flour I have to make cornbread, then crumble it up for the bread crumbs in this recipe.  I don't like regular gluten free bread much and I've had very little luck trying to toast it and crumble it up.  It's rubbery.

We also had a little trial run of the sweet potato pie, just to make sure it's still really good.  It is.


No comments:

Post a Comment