Wednesday

1 recipe tried.

I tried this no bake cookie recipe in the microwave yesterday.  I've made them on the stove for years and they are everybody's favorites, but I had never tried the microwave.  It worked!
 
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats


Basically, you microwave the first 4 ingredients for 2 minutes, stir, microwave for 2 more minutes and then add the last 3 ingredients. 

My son is gluten free and dairy free so I used water instead of milk, Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats and left out the vanilla because I'm never sure if they are gluten free due to caramel coloring.   I also use a little bit less oats and a little bit more peanut butter because that is a personal preference.  :-) 

1 comment: