Friday

Yesterdays menu included cleaning out the pantry.

In order to cook something gluten free and also the new thing I'm trying, nightshade free and also lactose free for my son, on grocery day, before I went to the grocery, I had to be creative.  I went to the freezer and pantry, looked at what I had, typed them into the Swagbucks search engine.

Pork chops.

Great Northern Beans.

I found a recipe on one of the recipe sites and it called for bagged, dried beans and I had canned, so I just did my own thing.

I have a slow cooker that cooks everything in a couple of hours.  It's not a crock pot.  I put the meal in at 10:00 am and it is done at 12:30.   I suppose you could cook this all day in a traditional crock and it would be fine, but I don't know. 

I put in 1 1/2 pounds of pork chops
1 teaspoon of garlic.
1 small onion
2 cans of great northern beans
1 can of carrots
1 tsp salt added at the end.

I also cooked rice to pour it over.  This is my very complicated rice recipe.

1 cup rice
2 cups water.
1 tsp butter or margarine.

Place in microwave safe dish and push the button on the microwave that says "rice".

It takes about 15 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment