Wednesday

Today and yesterday's menus.

Today, we had Broccoli Beef from the Crockpot 365 site, with a few changes.  Our local butcher shop had steak on sale and I have a bunch of big eaters to fill up, so I used 2 pounds of steak and 2 bags of stir-fry veggies and doubled all the other ingredients.  I didn't have sesame oil so I used olive oil.  I made rice by putting 1 part rice and 2 parts water in a covered bowl in the microwave and pushing the button that says "rice":.  Perfect rice every time.   It was yummy. 

Yesterday, I made what the kids dubbed noodle chicken soup because it was a little too noodle-y.  I cooked chicken tenderloins, celery and carrots until done, then added (cooked separately according to package directions) Thai rice noodles, chicken broth from a can, onion and garlic salt to taste and some Orrington Farms chicken boullion powder.  It was okay, nothing to write home about.  I don't have a great chicken soup recipe yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment