Tuesday

Another post about Chili.

Around here, chili has got pasta in it and when I went gluten free, I also found out that both of the chili seasoning mixes I was fond of using had wheat in them.  Also, the chili hot beans in a can that I used had wheat in the chili hot sauce.  I tried the Carroll Shelby mixes and I liked them but some of my family members didn't, so I had to figure out a way to make chili that tasted good to everyone in the family and was gluten free.  It has taken me almost 2 years (not working on it the whole time, of course) but I finally have something that we like.

I cook a pound of ground beef and in another pan I prepare 1/2 of the package of DeBoles spaghetti style rice noodles according to the package directions.  Then when both of these are done, to the spaghetti noodles in the same pan, I add 2 cups of water, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, 2 cans of  Ranch beans and a package and a half of Bloemer's chili seasoning.  I usually also add a dash of onion salt.  I usually whisk together the tomato paste and water before I add them and then simmer this until  it's all warm.  I like to eat it with Ener-G crackers and a topping of cheese.  I do not feel deprived.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment