Thursday

Thanksgiving.

My Thanksgiving Menu Plans:

Turkey/Chicken:  I have  a small family and there will only be 8 of us for dinner, so I am going to cook a whole chicken in the crock pot on high.   This takes about 4 hours, until the meat is ready per the meat thermometer, in my smaller crock.  I haven't tried it in my big crock, which always seems to take longer, but if you don't know your crock,  err on the side of it taking longer or precook a chicken this week to make sure.  I don't do anything fancy with it, just open the crock pot and plop it in.  I do remember to take out the little bag of organs before I cook it.  That's it.   It's moist and good this way.

Stuffing.  I plan to make a pan of Pamela's gluten free cornbread and then make it into stuffing with this recipe:  http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/simple-cornbread-dressing-with-sage-157998

Gravy:  I plan to use this recipe.
 About.com Gluten Free Cooking
 
 Then I will either make mashed potatoes or buy Bob Evan's mashed potatoes. 


And some other vegetables, corn and maybe green beans.   No one here likes the green bean casseroles, so I don't have to worry about them.   Broccoli and cheese is good or a broccoli casserole using Ener-G crackers instead of wheat filled crackers in the recipe or I might use this one.  It looks really yummy.
Gluten Free Mommy

I might make some gluten free dinner rools using this recipe  Jules and I will buy some prepackaged rolls for the non-gluten free people.

I'll definitely make the Gluten Free Easily Crustless Pumpkin Pie.   and maybe a coconut pie

Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment